I am a highly motivated person with over 45 years’ experience in the property and construction industry throughout New Zealand and Asia. I currently operate my own Consultancy business, as an independent Client Project Manager, Engineer to the contract, Construction Manager, Design Manager, Project Manager and a Construction and Property Advisory Consultant.
I have significant experience in Client Project Management, Construction Management, Design Management, Value Engineering/Life VfM Analysis, Construction Site Management, Project Logistics, Strategic and Project Planning, CPM Programming, Buildability methodology analysis, Construction Engineering, Operations Management, Commercial Management, Health and Safety Management, Quality Assurance and Quality Control Management at both; a corporate and project level over a wide range of complex, major and specialist projects.
I facilitate problem-solving workshops for both internal and external clients and the coaching of teams in collaborative working. I have significant experience in Alliance Principles and the complexities of PPP’s. I practice ‘safety first, no blame culture’ in all aspects of the procurement and delivery process.
- Extensive contractual understanding of several contracting arrangements Inc. NZS 3910, FIDIC and NEC forms of engagement
- Excellent Delivery Strategist
- Strong understanding of clients’ needs and key business drivers
- Strong understanding of the applications of Quality Management and Quality control systems and processes.
- Expert in ‘collaborative working’ basis – ‘best for project’ and a ‘no blame’ culture
- Excellent technical understanding
- Years of experience of Commercial construction at the coal face
- Ability to think outside the square and provide highly effective alternative solutions to complex problems
- Understands the underlying business case for clients’ projects takes precedence.
- Competent Design Manager over a range of project sectors
- Competent Planner/programmer in CPM applications
- Significant Client project Management experience
- Develops employment initiatives and strategies for large, remote projects
- Awareness of multi-cultural sensitivities and protocols
- Establishing credible relationships
- Extensive construction project management experience
- Excellent team leader and motivator of multi-disciplined integrated project teams
- Visionary and can identify potential problems well in advance – and provide pragmatic solutions
- A seasoned and respected practitioner and facilitator in the construction and property industry
- Visionary and can identify potential problems well in advance and provide pragmatic solutions
- Understand the manufacturing process industry and the compliance requirement aligned to it
- Proficient in report writing, options papers and case studies etc.
- Computer literate
- Guaranteed loyalty
- Team promoter and team member
- Unquestionable maturity and integrity
- Humanitarian and socially aware
- Exemplary leadership skills
- Reliable and conscientious
- Listener and counselor to others
- Office bearer/Board member/Trustee of several charitable organizations
- Professional and courteous in all respects
- Trustworthy and respectful
- Demonstrates professionalism and integrity at all times
- A competent problem solver
- Confident in public speaking
- Advanced in Microsoft; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Microsoft Project, Micro Planner, Prima Vera
- Some CAD packages/BIM modeling applications.
- New Zealand Certificate in Engineering (NZCE) Qualifications
- Studies towards New Zealand Certificate in Building (NZCB)
- Attended industry educational and training programs on a number of subjects including Commercial, Contractual, Programme and Operational aspects of Commercial Construction
Professional Memberships and Other Affiliations
- NZIOB representative/advisor to the redevelopment of the NZ CIC design development guidelines
- National President Elect 2013-2015 New Zealand Institute of Building
- Trustee/Board Member of the Airedale Property Trust 2010 – onwards
- Past member of the Diploma of Construction Excellence Industry Advisory Panel
- Past AAVA Examiner NZ Certificate of Building
- Past BCITO Advisory group member Commercial and Precast Concrete Construction Qualification
- Fellow of the New Zealand Institute of Building (FNZIOB)
- National Councillor of the New Zealand Institute of Building 2010-2016
- Past Northern Chapter President of the New Zealand Institute of Building 2011 – 2013
- Past Associate Member New Zealand Institute of Draughtsmen (ANZIOD)
A Little More About Me
- I have strong and effective people management skills and significant experience in collaborative working arrangements, alliance contracting and the traditional forms of contracting across a wide range of industry sectors.
- I have established a very successful track record over the many years I have been associated with the property and construction industry.
- I understand and recognise the key drivers of clients, developers, Client Project Managers, Consultant Designers, Constructors and subcontractors, local and statutory authorities, I constantly strive to achieve the optimum ‘best for the project’ for all of these stakeholders.
- As a seasoned Industry practitioner, I have developed a strong reputation for achieving positive results that have winning outcomes.
- I also represent the construction and property Industry on several key industry expert groups and panels.
- I have also been instrumental in bringing significant improvements to the property and construction industry, with the introduction of the collaborative working method of delivery of many projects, that have become widely recognised as being a benchmark of ‘best practice’.
- To achieve this requires a highly effective leadership and management style and an ability to develop highly effective integrated project teams.
- I am of a mature disposition, I am totally trustworthy and professional at all times having had the benefit of significant time-served experience, and have developed a wide and varied knowledge and skill base.
- I am passionate about my work; I am extremely honest, loyal and trusted by my clients and all of those I work with.
- My personal values are those based on mutual trust, respect, and integrity and of providing real value to my clients.